Open Development Thailand is intended to be an open data and knowledge website aggregating and sharing information, data, and maps to increase public awareness, enable individual analysis, inform rigorous debate, and improve constructive dialogues about development trends in Thailand from a social, economic, and environmental perspective.
The Open Development Thailand website is initiated by Open Development Initiative (ODI), a project of East-West Management Institute (EWMI) as part of a multi-country and multi-lingual platform to support transparent sharing of data and information about development trends in the Lower Mekong region at country and regional levels. Besides offering a constantly evolving platform, the EWMI-ODI builds coalitions and supports a network of organizations co-managing country-level websites by providing technical capacity building and advisory services. Current members of the network includes:
- Open Development Cambodia, the flagship site of this initiative which was launched in 2011 and has since been relied on by tens and thousands for objective and compelling data visualizations that illuminate the development and environmental challenges in Cambodia.
- Open Development Myanmar is managed by Phandeeyar, an ICT hub that is designed to support social innovation, civic technology and ICT4D/M4D in Myanmar.
The Open Development Initiative is seeking national and international partners to contribute to building a data and information ecosystem to support transparent sharing of development data and informed decisions on sustainable development in Thailand. We have outlined a few approaches/options for consideration, and would be happy to provide more details.
- National partner to manage Open Development Thailand
- Data and information sharing partners to contribute resources to inform data, mapping and editorial content on development issues for Open Development Thailand. Register to join our information ecosystem by contributing important and relevant data on pressing topics related to Thailand and its people here.
- National and international partners to collaborate on working toward shifting culture in the direction of openness, promoting and participating in open data, open education, and open access discussions and dialogue in Thailand
Should you have questions, comments, suggestions or information to contribute, please get in touch with us.